SCORE provides free business start up-advice, as well as access to specialized workshops.
Customs and Border Protection PIN Notices
The South County Career Center offers a number of free Business Services, which include:
- Recruitment and hiring assistance
- Job descriptions and Job postings
- Marketing and distribution of openings
- Job Fairs
- Recruitment events
- Space available for one on one interviews
- Labor Market Information
- Sector Strategy Information
- Up to date regional information on hiring trends
- Customized Training
- Tax Credits
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) (Federal)
Take advantage of Substantial Financial Benefits with reimbursement of 50% of the wages earned by eligible new workers. It’s quick and simple – all paperwork is managed by the South County Career Center. Cash back for every new employee in the program you train and hire.
For additional details, download the OJT flyer and contact one of our Business Services staff
On the Job Training Flyer
If you are new to international trade, the CITD international trade specialists can help guide you through the the complexities of importing and/or exporting to expand their operations globally through informative seminars and workshops as well as one-on-one counseling.
Here are the ten key steps for opening a new business in the City of San Diego portion of Otay Mesa
Small Business Self Employed Tax Center on IRS.gov
This Tax Center contains links to valuable information for the small business owner such as:
- Starting and Operating a Business,
- Independent Contractor (Self-Employed) or Employee?,
- IRS Video Portal (video, webinars and audio presentations for small businesses, individuals and tax pros),
- free workshop information (both in English as well as Spanish).
- online Virtual Small Business Workshop
Every year the U.S. Small Business Administration and its nationwide network of partners help millions of potential and current small business owners star, grow and succeed.Resources and programs targeting small business provide an advantage necessary to help small businesses compete effectively in the marketplace and strengthen the overall U.S. economy.SBA offers help in the following areas:
- Disaster Assistance
- Advocacy and the Ombudsman