San Diego Trade Experts Explain why Imposing Tariffs by Monday, June 10 is not Operationally Viable

06/06/19 - Jose Burciaga

 

The Pacific Coast Council of Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders represents the customs brokers and freight forwarders who facilitate international trade along the entire US Pacific Coast and the California-Mexico border. In this letter, their Vice President and Board Member of the Otay Mesa Chamber Lalo Acosta, explains why it is NOT operationally viable to implement the proposed tariff schedule this coming Monday. To see letter click here.

 

VIEW MORE...

 

NEW U.S. IMPORT DUTIES ON ITEMS FROM MEXICO

06/3/19 - Jose Burciaga

 

NEW U.S. IMPORT DUTIES ON ITEMS FROM MEXICO

(DEVELOPING STORY)

The immigration issues along the southern border have been an ongoing challenge for many years and most recently has become one of the most politically charged issues ever.  Border security has dominated the news beginning with family separations back in early 2018 and the 35-day government shut down back in December 2018 and January 2019.  In March of this year border wait times exploded as the government shifted a number of U.S. Customs officers to border security roles and there were very real threats on whether…

 

VIEW MORE...

 

State by State Impact of Tariffs Imposed on Goods from Mexico -$86 Billion Nationwide

06/03/19 - Jose Burciaga

 

A new analysis by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce outlines the state-by-state impact of the administration’s plan to impose a 5% tariff on all goods from Mexico starting on June 10. The analysis shows the total value of 2018 goods imports from Mexico for all 50 states and the corresponding impact of imposing tariffs at the 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, and 25% level. A 5% tariff on imported goods from Mexico, which last year totaled $346.5 billion, would result in a potential tax increase on American businesses and consumers of $17 billion. Furthermore, that number would eclipse $86 billion…

 

VIEW MORE...

 

 

 

CONTACT US

 

OTAY MESA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE.

8100 Gigantic St., Building 4100
Office 4106
San Diego, CA 92154

(619) 661-6111

(619) 661-6178

[email protected]





 

FIND US LOCATION